I have always used Nikon equipment starting with the Nikkormat body which I bought in 1972 in Singapore along with a Nikon 50mm 2.8 lens. Since then I have had a series of cameras as newer models came onto the market – Nikon FE, Nikon 801, Nikon F3. Nikon F4, Nikon F5. My first digital body was the Nikon D100 followed by the Nikon D1X, Nikon D2X, Nikon D3. I now currently use the Nikon D3X camera body. I have recently bought a Nikon D800E, which is a 36.5 million pixel camera body, so it records a lot of information on RAW files with each file size being 205 megabites.
I use a wide range of lenses
• Nikkor 10.5mm f2.8 AF DX IF-ED Fisheye
• Nikkor AF-S 17 – 35mm f2.
• PC Micro Nikkor 85mm shift and tilt marcro
• Nikkor AF-S 24 – 120mm f3.5 – 5.6 VR ED
• AF-S Nikkor 70 – 210mm f2.8 VR ED
• AF-S Nikkor 200 – 400mm f4 VR ED
In addition I currently use the converter:-
• AF-S Nikon teleconverter TC 17ED 1.7x
• Nikon DR right-angle viewfinder
I use a tripod whenever I can especially when I need to stop down to increase depth of field of field such as when I am working with textural images on tree bark and rock formations. I have several tripods and a variety of heads and like the combination of using Gitzo legs and Manfroto heads.